shq   eng
 
 
 
HOME
Main Page
Functioning of CSFA
LEGAL FRAMEWORK
Law on Cinematography
CINEMA OF CSFA
Screenings
ONLINE ARCHIVES
Watch online
 
CSFA
  History

1947
Based on the Council of Minister's Decision No.160, Decree 314 and Law 422 "On the transfer of the cinemas into state property" a national film enterprise was established. At the outset it served for the storage of the films that were taken from the cinemas that were transformed into state property.

April 1963
The International Federation of Film Archives (FIAF) proposes to the Film Archive of Albania to become a member of the federation.

1970
The Film Archive is admitted as a full member into FIAF.

1947 - 1996
The Film Archive functions as a sector of the Albanian Film Studio "New Albania".

1989
Beginning of the construction works for the Archive building, completed in 1990. The transfer of the archive into the new building commenced in the same year.

1 april 1997
The Albanian Film Archive is detached from AlbaFilm, the former "New Albania" Film Studio. It is established as a cultural institution with a mission to preserve and promote, in addition to the national heritage in terms of literature, painting, music and folklore, also the values and contents of the seventh art, as a key component of the nation's spiritual and historical constitution.

2000
The "2000 cinema hall" is inaugurated. It has a capacity of 80 seats and projection equipment donated by the Albanian Television.

2001
Commencement of the transfer of the archive information into the electronic database.

2002
A selected collection is transferred into SVHS for the purpose of supporting the organisation of public events outside the capital.

2003
Commencement of the digitalisation of the entire collection in cooperation with LUCE.

2005
Based on Law No.9353 dated 03.03.2005, "On some changes and amendments in Law 8096" "On cinematography" the collection of the former Film Studio "New Albania" including feature-length films, documentaries, and chronicles from the period 1952-1990 is transferred to the administration of the National Cinematography Centre.

2005
The Film Archive, in cooperation with the Department of Cultural Heritage at the Ministry of Tourism, Culture, Youth and Sports prepares its draft-Statute and its internal regulation.

2006
The statute of the Central State's Film Archive of Albania is approved by Minister of Tourism, Culture, Youth and Sports, Bujar Leskaj.

2010
The refurbished cinema hall of the Film Archive is fully operational and equipped with new equipment. It starts a regular activity of film projection based on a calendar of events.

  Central State
Film Archive

Copyright © 2022
   
  HOME     CSFA     LEGAL FRAMEWORK     CINEMA OF CSFA     ONLINE ARCHIVES